The Spiritual Disciplines of the Christian Life: Experiencing Christ (Psalm 42:1-2)
1. Read Psalm 42:1-2. What does this passage say about David? What are the implications of David’s realization?
2. This week Pastor Dan introduced the topic of his upcoming sermons on the Spiritual Disciplines. Would you say that spiritual disciplines have been an important part of your spiritual journey?
3. According to Colossians 2:20-23 the spiritual disciplines are not about will power. What does this truth free us from and what implications does it have?
5. Pastor Dan talked about the laws of the harvest. Discuss the spiritual implications of these laws.
a. We reap what we sow.
b. We reap after we sow.
c. We reap more than we sow.
6. Pastor Dan used the term “disciplined grace”. Discuss what this means. What are some Bible passages that explain the meaning of this term?