It’s All About Jesus
1. In Revelation 5:5 Jesus is described as the “Lion of the tribe of Judah” who has conquered and is worthy to open the scroll found in the right hand of God. In Revelation 5:6 Jesus is seen as a “:Lamb . . . as though it had been slain” Share your thoughts on the meaning of this scene described in Revelation 5. What is the message of the lion who appears as a lamb?
2. Read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. What does this passage mean to you? What does it teach us about God’s ways and what it means to follow Jesus as one of his disciples?
3. Reread I John 3:8 and Hebrews 2:14. How important is it that as Christians we understand that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil? What are the implications of this truth for our lives?
4. Read the following passages – Galatians 4:19, Romans 8:29. What does the phrase “Christ formed in you” mean to you? What does it mean to be conformed to the image of Christ?
5. Discuss the following – To be like Jesus means to be fully human. To be fully human means to reflect the image of God in which we have been made. See Genesis 1:27)
6. How should SIBC’s vision – IT’S ALL ABOUT JESUS – be reflected in our lives and the ministries of our church? What are some ways we can communicate that vision both within and outside of our church?