We Value Diversity
1. Take the time to discuss the benefits and blessings of belonging to a diverse international church. What are some things we learn about the gospel, relationships, tolerance, respect of other cultures, even respect of differences in theology . . .
2. The story of the tower of Babel underscores what Pastor Dan referred to as “The Power of One”. Genesis 11:6 – “nothing will be impossible for them” is God’s assessment of the unity of those in rebellion and their potential through unity. How important is this unity principle in our churches, families, businesses, etc…
3. Review Ephesians 3:10. Discuss the “manifold” or “multi-colored” wisdom of God. What does it mean when it refers in this passage to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms”?
4. Read Psalm 133. What does this Psalm say to you about unity among believers?
5. What are some of the issues evangelical churches face today in regard to unity? What are some ways we can maintain unity in spite of our differences? What do you believe is the key to unity while maintaining the integrity of the gospel? What are some examples of times when unity among believers may not be possible? How do we handle our differences and still reflect the grace of God?