1. What are some ways that you have observed the truth that “we were made to worship?”.
2. How is the story of Adam and Eve an illustration of God’s seeking us, his creation, and our “desire” to be reunited with our creator?
3. Read Jeremiah 2:5. Discuss the truth that we become like that which we worship.
4. Discuss – In what ways is service apart from worship idolatry? What are some “good church” ministries of service that can become idols in our lives?
5. Why do you believe I John ends with a warning to “keep yourselves from idols”?
6. What are some ways we can encourage one another as we practice the presence of God in our lives?
7. What are some ways we can cultivate “holy expectancy” in our churches to enhance worship?