1. Saying goodbye is something that is quite common at SIBC. What are the benefits and challenges associated with an international church and its high turnover rate?
2. Read Proverbs 4:23, What are some ways we can “guard” our hearts? What are some specific “issues of life” that flow from our hearts?
3. Pastor Dan mentioned that character is a result of two things – our experiences and our choices in life. Perhaps members of your group would be willing to share some life experiences and the choices with which you were faced. What are some of the most common choices we must make in life that clearly impact our hearts and character? One example of this would be choosing to forgive those who wrong us.
4. Romans 5:3-5 teaches that character produces hope. What does this mean to you? How is Christlike character and hope related?
5. Read Romans 5:3-5 in The Message (MSG). Discuss what this translation means to you.