Heavens Handwriting (Matthew 2:1-12)
1. Discuss God’s unfolding revelation of Himself through the centuries. Refer to Hebrews 1:1-3. Discuss the various ways in which Jesus, God’s son, reveals God completely.
2. What are the implications of God revealing Himself through the star to the Maji?
3. The sign God provided for the shepherds was quite different than that provided to the Maji. See Luke 1:12. Compare and contrast these two different signs. What do they teach us about God and how He reveals Himself to people?
4. Herod was threatened by the birth of Jesus as the King of the Jews. Why? Discuss the ways Jesus threatens our individual kingdoms/lives.
5. While the religious leaders knew the Scriptures regarding Messiah, they appear indifferent, and become the primary accusers, and threat to Jesus. Why? How does this kind of thing happen? Can it happen among Bibile students, and scholars in our day?